Sunday 9 February 2014

Tickets Please!!

I love my 13,000 toy buses

GEOFF Price has spent £130,000 amassing the world’s biggest collection of toy buses – but he’s not so keen on the real thing.

Geoff, 63, has more than 13,000 models filling his house, garage and garden sheds, though long-suffering wife Linda has declared their living room a bus-free zone.

His obsession has taken him round the world in search of unusual additions to his collection. But the events planner admits he hates public transport and goes everywhere by car. “I know it’s ironic because I love toy buses but I’d never get on one out of choice,” said father-of-two Geoff, of Walsall, West Midlands.

“They’re unreliable and not practical at all. The only time I ever catch the bus is when my car’s in for a service.”

No comments: