Sunday 16 February 2014

People Will Kiss Anything!!

Practice your kissing with this creepy pillow

A new pillow which let's you practice your kissing is available for lonely hearts without a date this Valentine's Day.

These Make-Out Practice Pillows are the brainchild of designer Emily King, who says she wanted to offer a solution to the inexperienced kisser.

The 26-year-old from St. Petersburg, Florida, explains: "When I was in middle school, everyone "joked" about making out with pillows for practice. I'm assuming that I was not the only one for whom the jokes had some truth. Let's just all admit that we all practice made-out with our pillows and we looked really silly doing it. Those poor pillows.

"There seems to have been little innovation in the make-out practice pillow department despite the rise in popularity of decorative "Let's Make Out" pillows and cuddle pillows so it is time that I step in and offer a new solution to the middle-schoolers or lonely hearts of the world: a pillow with a mouth."

Emily says the idea for the £19 design stemmed from a chance finding of a pair of CPR dummies and a big bag of removable mouths.

After scratching her head for inspiration, the approach of the most romantic day of the year sparked an idea.

"As we neared closer to Valentine's day I knew the time had come - pillows you could make-out with. But I have to admit that when I mentioned this idea to my friends, the reaction from anyone over the age of 25 tended to be variations on "that's really creepy," and anyone under the age of 25 thought it was hilarious and awesome: middle-school to college-age seemed to be the sweet spot of people who really liked the idea. I thought it was pretty hilarious myself until I actually made the things. They are super creepy. But I sort of love them for that."

No comments: