Monday 15 February 2010

Tanked Up!!

Man leaves tank outside Manchester pub

A tank has been left outside a Manchester pub by an unknown driver.

According to the South Manchester Reporter, the vehicle was moved outside the Four In Hand establishment in West Didsbury before Christmas.

Landlord Martin Devlin, 45, said: "It's a bit of a mystery. This guy came in a couple of months ago and asked if he could park it here.

"Apparently he used to park it on Lapwing Lane but the residents complained and then he had it at another pub but their car park was a bit small, so we said he could leave it here."

He added: "He comes in sometimes, but he hasn’t been in since before Christmas and I don’t know what he's called.

"It's definitely a bit unusual to have a tank in your car park, but I just tell everyone that my wife's learning to drive again!"

His 41-year-old wife and fellow landlord Jane added: "I can drive but I'm really bad at it, so I tell people it's my new car and they'd better watch out!

"I think the guy who owns it uses it for stag dos. But we often get people coming to have their picture taken next to it."

No comments: