Sunday, 15 September 2013

Ouch!…..That’s Got To Hurt??

70-year-old Australian man 'lodges fork in penis'

Doctors in Australia have removed a dining fork that became stuck inside a 70-year-old man's penis after a bizarre sexual accident.

In a case considered so unusual it was written up in a medical journal by the three operating doctors, the man inserted a four-inch steel fork into his urethra in an attempt to achieve sexual gratification.
But the fork became stuck and was not visible when the man presented to doctors hours later.
The doctors could feel the utensil and observed it on X-rays. They then extracted the fork free using forceps and "copious lubrication" while the patient was under a general anaesthetic.
The case was written up in the International Journal of Surgery Case Reports two weeks ago in a paper titled "An Unusual Urethral Foreign Body".
The doctors said they wrote up the case "given the great management challenge faced by the oddity and infrequency with which a fork is encountered in the penile urethra".
“It is apparent that the human mind is uninhibited let alone creative," they wrote.
“Autoerotic stimulation with the aid of self-inserted urethral foreign bodies has been existent since time immemorial and have presented an unusual but known presentation to urologists."
The Canberra Times newspaper said the paper reports other strange objects which have been found inside the body, including needles, pencils, toothbrushes, light bulbs, thermometers, leeches, snakes, cocaine and glue.
The paper also notes that many patients tend to be embarrassed and try to extract the objects themselves but this can cause further injuries. Other patients are embarrassed and delay seeking medical assistance but then risk infections which can lead to death.

No comments: