Thursday 28 April 2011

Battling Granny

Disabled Granny Headbutts Midget Muggers

NEWS from Barnbstable, Devon, that a “disabled grandmother” has saved herself from a mugging by headbutting one of the three villains. The Ealing Times does not name the woman. All we learn is that she is 49-year-old, five feet tall and registered disabled. She is a mother to six. She has 24 grandchildren. She was attacked by three hoodies as she piloted her mobility scooter along a road.

Says she:

“They were not expecting me to fight back. I am a very strong person because of what I have gone through in my life. As they attacked me, I heard my grandchildren saying to me in my head ‘Nan, get up and fight them’.

“When I headbutted the robber I think I broke his nose, it was that strong. Once they saw me attack him his mates scarpered and so did he.”

The small woman in the wheelchair headbutted the villain across his nose? Are police now looking for a gang of midgets? The story is taking on the status of urban myth. The woman has not been named. And we are soon told:

The fight did not go all her way, as she was tipped from her scooter and kicked, needing hospital treatment for face and stomach injuries which exacerbated a previous medical condition. Her scooter was damaged beyond repair and she spent all her savings on a new one.

No comments: