Friday 17 July 2009

Pensioner In Dispute With Whirlybird.

Pensioner Pam Pringle is taking legal action against her neighbour because he is visited twice a
week by a friend – who arrives by helicopter.

Mrs Pringle called in the police and local council
officials after the two-seater machine keeps
making regular unwanted visits to the man living
next door to her home in a peaceful village.

Pam Pringle, 79, claims that her life is being "ruined" by the commotion of the aircraft taking off and landing in her neighbour Peter Nash's back garden.

With just a hedge separating their properties, Mrs Pringle says she is forced to take cover in her house due to the dust and noise created by the helicopter, which lands just feet away.

She has complained to the police, her local council, the Civil Aviation Authority and her MP, but has been told that the flights are not illegal and can therefore not be stopped.

Mrs Pringle said that police initially advised that she could get an Asbo against Mr Nash. However, the council investigated and told her that the noise created by the aircraft, 78.6 decibels, was not loud enough for a court to award an Asbo.

Speaking from her home in the village of Blythburgh, Suffolk, Mrs Pringle said: "It is ruining my life and I cannot go out in my garden."

The widow added: "The noise and the dust mean it is impossible to be out there when the helicopter arrives or leaves and I have to keep my curtains closed for privacy."

The two-seater helicopter is owned by pilot Bo Maggs, who was first granted permission by her friend, Mr Nash, to use his garden as a helipad in December 2007.

Mrs Maggs flies the Schweizer 269c helicopter 80 miles from her home in Shere, Surrey, to Blythburgh to visit friends and the grave of her uncle, a former priest, who is buried in the village graveyard.

Mrs Maggs, who has been flying helicopters for nearly 20 years, said: "I could fly in and out of Peter's garden all day if I want but I try and be reasonable…….It certainly sounds like it…..Is this thoughtless bitch for real?????

"I have fitted an extra silencer to the machine and when I take off or land I avoid flying over houses." ….Why????…..Does she normally make an effort to hit them!!!

Mrs Maggs met Mr Nash, who is in his 60s, while looking for a landing site for her £100,000 helicopter. She claims that her visits have also helped Mr Nash, a former British Airways steward, recover from serious health problems.

"Peter has a heart condition and had to go into hospital. He is very brave and still on medication and says my visits have helped his recovery," she added……So she’s a “flying district nurse” then……I know what a lot of people would call her and I’m sure “nurse” and “flying” wouldn’t be in the same sentence!!!!! 

No comments: