Top 10 weird reasons for not paying rent in ScotlandA survey in Scotland has shared some of the strangest excuses tenants make for not paying their rent.
Letting Protection Service Scotland questioned landlords across the country.
From all the weird excuses accumulated, 'I have a phobia about touching my cheque book' was voted the best, followed by 'my father died' - specifically when used for at least the third time.
Director of the organisation Kevin Firth said: "There are certainly some entertaining answers there.
"But at the end of the day they are all just excuses and excuses don't wash.
"The same can be said about deposit protection. There'll be no excuses for Scottish landlords and letting agents after May 15. All deposits need to be protected by that date."
The top 10 weird excuses, as voted by Scottish landlords, in full:
1. I have a phobia about touching my cheque book.
2. My father died - for the third time.
3. A dog ate my rent money.
4. My pet died and I have to pay the funeral costs.
5. I need the cash for my Rangers season ticket.
6. It's Christmas and I've had to buy presents.
7. I had to pay a bank tax.
8. I spent the money at the bookies.
9. I'm saving for a holiday.
10. The money fell out of my pocket.