Wednesday 4 July 2012

There’s Always One!!


Boy stuck in a fridge for over an hour keeps his cool

Little James Hunt was stuck in a drinks chiller for more than an hour after a game of hide and seek went wrong before being rescued.

The seven-year-old climbed into the can-shaped fridge but got his knees stuck and he couldn’t move.
His younger brother was quick to raise the alarm, telling his shocked mother Lynsey what had happened.
She turned the problematic fridge on its side, pushed and pulled him and even tried warm soapy water to no avail.
Miss Hunt told the Manchester Evening News: 'Charlie came in to get me and said James was stuck in the fridge.
'I couldn’t stop laughing at first because I thought he was joking. Then I went outside and realised he really couldn’t get out of it.
'James had got in the fridge with his legs crossed and then his knees were locked against the side.
'After about an hour I decided the only thing I could do was ring the fire brigade.'
It took six firemen to free him but luckily the machine was off. James, from Failsworth, Greater Manchester, promised never to do it again.
The youngster added: 'I want to say thank you to the firemen for rescuing me.'

No comments: