Monday 30 April 2012

Yogi To The Rescue!


Hiker saved by bear after lion attack

A hiker has revealed how a bear saved his life from a lion attack.

Robert Biggs, 69, was on a hike in north-central California when he found a mother bear and her newborn 40 feet away from him.

After watching the animals for a few minutes, he turned back on his trail, only to be suddenly attacked by a lion, who grabbed his backpack.

"He grabbed me from behind and knocked me to the ground," Biggs told
The Huffington Post. "I was on my knees. I had my rock pick out because i was on a steep incline, and I smashed the cat in the head with it. He screamed, but he didn't let go.

"That's when a blur on my left side grabbed the lion by its throat - turns out it was the momma bear. I heard a tremendous screeching, some growling noises."

Biggs explained that the animals clashed for a further 15 seconds before the cat ran away.

The mother bear soon also left Biggs behind, who had bite marks, scratches and bruises. He added that he owes the bear his life.

"I'm 100% sure it did want to save my life," he said. "We made eye contact. I'd seen the bears before and I know she knew who I was."

No comments: