Man cooking a squirrel starts apartment block fire?Authorities in the US have said a blaze that spread through an apartment complex may have started due to a resident trying to cook a squirrel with a propane torch.
Fire Chief Jim Kohsel told Mlive.com that the resident, who has not been named, planned to eat the animal and was burning off its fur at the building in Ottawa Country when a fire broke out.
The fire was so severe that it spread to the roof of the Michigan complex, causing many people to lose their homes.
Fire Chief Kohsel said that eight apartments were destroyed and many others damaged.
No residents were hurt, but a firefighter broke his toe while trying to put out the blaze.
The American Red Cross has arranged temporary shelter and clothing for affected residents.