Pedestrian gets head trapped in rubbish bin
A hapless pedestrian had to be rescued by the emergency services after getting his head trapped in a rubbish bin.A 52-year-old became wedged as he put his head into a garbage can to try and retrieve an object, thought to be a cigarette, from inside.
Police, fire crews and an ambulance rushed to the scene in Aberdeen, Scotland, where crowds had gathered to watch the bizarre rescue unfold.
Fire crews spent 15 minutes cutting the top off the 4ft high bin with a high-powered saw normally used for cutting people out of vehicles.
He was then taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, where he was treated for cuts to his face before being discharged.
Ian Anderson, a bar worker at nearby Archibald Simpson's pub, said the rescue had amused locals and visitors to the city.
He said: "I thought it must have been a fire that had been put out by the time I walked past, because there was no smoke or flames.
"When I got to the pub and people told me the real story, I could not believe it. Everyone was talking about it, and having a laugh about the commotion it caused."
A spokesman for Grampian Police said: "We are unsure what he was looking for or what he had lost, and whether he found it.
"We can also confirm that there were no criminal charges resulting from the incident."