Sunday 12 February 2012

Side-Lined?


Man gets £70 fine after double yellow lines painted under his parked car

Frustrated driver Patrick McCrystal was given a £70 ticket after double yellow lines were painted underneath his parked Ford Fiesta.

Mr McCrystal, from Derby, was further angered when he spotted flecks of yellow paint on his front bumper.
The 49-year-old petrol station worker - who regularly parked between the gap in the lines - said yesterday: 'I couldn’t believe my eyes. They had extended the existing set of lines underneath my car, then a warden had slapped a ticket on it.
'When I parked there were double yellows in front of my car, double yellows behind my car, but nothing in between.
'It has been my regular spot for two years and there was nothing to indicate I couldn’t park there.'
Although fine has since been rescinded, Derby City Council admitted the ticket was issued in error.
David Gartside, the council’s head of traffic and transport, said: 'It appears that there was a communication breakdown between our contractors undertaking the lining work and our enforcement officers.
'We apologise for any inconvenience.'

No comments: