Wednesday 9 October 2013

Call Me A Horse!!


Man steals horse after failing to find taxi on night out

Most people have been faced with the dilemma of not being able to find a taxi after a night out – but few have decided a good alternative would be to steal a horse.
Nevertheless, Ronald Temprell was arrested by police after he mounted a steed at Tulliallan Farms, near Alloa, which was just two-and-a-half miles away from his residence.
He was tracked down after neigbours heard the horse’s hooves beating on the ground and on further inspection spotted the 25-year-old on the stallion and two other men walking beside him.
‘On the night I took that one, I had been drinking and it did seem funny,’ Mr Temprell said.
‘I wanted to get home, but I’m not going to bump a taxi, so we were walking and came across the horses.
‘As I knew about how to get the stuff on, I just started to saddle it up.
‘It took me about an hour and a half. I could probably do it faster when I’m sober.’
Mr Temprell will now have to complete a 12-month community payback order after being sentenced at Alloa Sheriff Court.
He added he had fallen in love with horses after watching the Black Beauty film and also said his jaunt on the steed had earned him a new nickname.
‘People used to call me Rocket Ronnie but they are calling me Frankie Dettori now,’ he added.

No comments: