Thursday 13 December 2012

What A Crazy Society??


Man arrested after rescuing dog

A man from Texas has been charged by police over a dog he found and tried to rescue.

Elvis Hernandez from Kerrville was on call as a locksmith when he saw a lost dachshund in the roadway and attempted to rescue it.

The dog had no collar or tags, and Hernandez left his information with the customer so he could be contacted if they managed to find the owner, reports
KEN-TV.

Upon receiving no calls claiming the dog, he gave the dachshund away. It wasn't until afterwards that the original owner came forward.

"I just explained to her that I didn't have it," Hernandez said. "I didn't know where it was, and I apologised."

The owner then filed a police report, and Hernandez was arrested and charged with property theft.

The charges he faces also prohibit him from working as a locksmith.

Hernandez said: "Not only did they attack my name - they attacked my livelihood. And being a single dad with children it hurts a lot."

No comments: