Thursday 10 February 2011

Now That’s A Vacation

Cat comes home after seven years

A cat has been returned to its owners after seven years away from home.

10-year-old Billy, a Burmese pedigree, went missing from his Liverpool home in 2004. His owner Carol Rogers received a surprise phone call last week from a local vet to say that Billy had been handed in.

Rogers told BBC North West Tonight: "I'm thinking 'Billy, Billy, Billy - who's Billy?' I said: 'I haven't got an animal called Billy. I've got three other animals, but they're not called Billy.'

"So she said 'No, Billy, Mrs Rogers - who you lost seven years ago.'

"My husband couldn't quite believe it until he came home and saw him - it was lovely."

Billy was identified by a silicon identity chip which was implanted when he was a kitten.

No comments: